Advice for VisitorsIn this section...
Due to COVID-19, we are limiting the amount of visitors entering the school. You should only visit the school if you have a pre-arranged meeting or if you have notified the office in advance. All visitors are required to wear a face mask/covering at all times whilst on the school premises.
Everyone who visits our school should be aware of their responsibility to make sure that all young people are safe. Please ask for any member of the Safeguarding Team (photos displayed throughout the school or on our safeguarding notice page of our website), if you are unclear about areas linked to child safety during your visit. The Safeguarding Team can be contacted via the school office.
As a visitor, it is important that you remember the following:
- If you are working in a 1:1 situation with a pupil, the school must view your Enhanced DBS check or have evidence from your organisation that you have an Enhanced DBS in place. Please see a member of the administration team or our School Business Manager, if you have any queries.
- Do not have physical contact with any pupil.
- Never exchange contact details with a pupil, or agree to meet a child outside the school environment. Do not communicate with pupils through social media.
- Keep a record of the times and dates of any unplanned contact with pupils and let a member of the safeguarding team know as soon as possible.
- Do not take photographs or video footage while you are on site unless you have been given permission by a member of the senior leadership team; this also extends to school trips when off site.
- If a child has a conversation with you which leads you to think they are being harmed or their safety is at risk, you have a duty to pass the information on to protect the child. You must inform a member of the Safeguarding Team immediately.
Health and Safety
While on site, you are legally responsible for taking reasonable care of your own health and safety and the safety of others affected by your activities.
For further information, please refer to the policies on our website or our safeguarding information folder which is located in the main office.