HomeworkIn this section...
Homework will be set in class and explained by the teacher. Homework schedules will be shared with parents at the start of the year during Parent Information Evenings. Homework set will be consistent across the year group and will link to the curriculum being taught.
Below is an overview of the different types of homework that children may be set:
- Half termly topic homework (project based)
- Learning weekly spellings (see English tab), times tables (‘Race Around the Clock’) and 'Key Instant Recall Facts' (see KIRFs tab)
- Reading for pleasure
- ‘MyMaths’ pupils will have their own login and password to access this resource in their Home School Liaison Book.
- ‘Bug Club’ activities; pupils will have their own login and password to access this resource in their Home School Liaison Book.
- English/maths half-termly (for Years 2-3) and weekly tasks (for Years 4-6)
If the homework that is set is dependent on internet access (for example mymaths.co.uk) class teachers will make provision for computer access in school so that the homework can be completed.
Homework is organised differently in each Year Group, in a progressive structure. Children are expected to read regularly at home and we provide suitable reading books for each child to read. Parents and adults are encouraged to comment on their child's reading ability. Please refer to our Homework Policy for further guidance.
Websites to help with homework: