- Learning and Curriculum
- Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum
- Learning and Development
- The Seven Areas of Learning and Development
The Seven Areas of Learning and DevelopmentIn this section...
There are seven areas of learning and development that shape the educational programme at Barrow Hedges. All areas of learning and development are important and interconnected.
These areas are particularly important for building a foundation to ignite children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, building on their senses and movement and support children to form positive relationships with others.
These are the prime areas:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
We also support children in four specific areas, through which the three prime areas are strengthened and applied.
The specific areas are:
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design